Sunday, November 13, 2011

SfN Sunday 2011: Ms. Raga goes to Washington

The great and consuming thing about the Society for Neuroscience meeting is that even veterans can be noobs.

Last year, I approached SfN as somewhat of an expert in my niche of the Parkinson's field, seeking out renowned folks whose work had inspired my own and carrying meaningful scientific conversations with poster and talk presenters as if it were casual chatter.

This year, I find myself engaging in so many unfamiliar arenas that I have retired a whole 2 hours early to the comfort of my snazzy hotel room to put my feet up and compile/further research the whirlwind of fascinating information gleaned today.

Today was poster intensive, to put it lightly, so tomorrow will include some symposia.  Just to mix it up.

Second lesson learned: Neurotypical? is as fantastic IRL as in the blogosphere.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you are too kind. I feel bad that we spent our entire lunch date walking to Au Bon Pain, waiting for sandwiches, and then racing back to my poster. I hope your sandwich traveled well; today I wised up and got self-serve soup.

    ReplyDelete